Monday, November 24, 2008

presentation day

So today I presented in class
....
aaaahahahahaha
That's funny!

But really though, I am quite glad I did go today. It definitely made me more motivated and gave me some insight on what to do ext with my composition. Now who would have thought that?

I find that a big problem of mine is that I've got to ease off on all of the ideas. Not to sounds conceited by saying it, but I could definitely get up to the piano and play and play and get a load of ideas for these pieces, or most pieces actually. What I find most difficult is to dig into the ideas once I come up with them and to only settle on a couple. I'm the kind of person that wants to record an entire album when I'm not even finished the first song. Thinking far too ahead of myself.

I'm sitting here now with my eyes glued to the computer screen and refraining from touching a single instrument in my room. Tonight I'm just going to spend working with the two ideas I presented in class today, plus one more idea, and see what comes out of it. Hopefully a masterpiece!

Man, blogs are fun! I should have been doing these a lot more this semester!
bye bye
-Robbie b

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

Hope it went well last night... Looking forward to hearing the final product!