Sunday, November 16, 2008

stressed!

ah!
so we have less than two weeks until the performance for these pieces and I must say I am quite stressed. It is currently 11 pm on sunday night, my presentation day is tomorrow and I have nothing concrete written up on sibelius yet. I have a lot of material that I can write out no problem but I have yet to think of a good cliche to use, which is the most crucial part. I think I need to stop thinking of the ideas I have now and just think of a cliche to work with. I'm trying to write a composition and sticking a cliche in it as oppose to thinking of a cliche and writing a song around it and it's just not working out. 
I think I am just afraid of not being able to work with the ideas I have now if I pick a cliche that won't fit into it. I don't really want to scrap the ideas I have now but the concert is creeping up so it's crunch time baby!
We'll see where I am in 14 hours!

wish me luck!
-Robbie b

3 comments:

Clark Ross said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you came up with also!

Remember: The key to finishing a composition is perseverance; you have a lot of good ideas, but they don't all need to be in this piece.

This is not the last piece you will ever write!

Clark Ross said...

Yikes! What happened! I was eagerly anticipating hearing your music, and you weren't in class today! I hope everything is okay. Don't hesitate to drop by for ideas or suggestions if you are still stuck with your piece.

Robbie b said...

Hi there!
sorry!
I ended up staying up all night working on the composition, which isn't completely out of the ordinary for me!
But it finally caught up with me monday morning.
I managed to get a fair bit done though, and I re-worked a lot of it on tuesday
hopefully I will drop by your office within the next day or two!